Sunday, October 29, 2017

That Perfect Thriller

I am a very nostalgic girl.  And like any girl growing up as a kid in the 1980's, Michael Jackson's Thriller thrilled me.  I got over it as I aged.  Forgot about it completely by high school or college.  And later on, I thought all those mob dances doing the Thriller moves were super cheesy.  Gack.

But this.  This brings the thrill all back.  Imogen Heap is an, admittedly, acquired taste, but I adore her.  And I adore this.

It's starting to be Halloween season.  In addition to my Nightmare Before Christmas forever love affair and my annual Cabinet of Dr. Caligari late night viewing, this song is going to be played a lot over here on my end the next few days leading up to the 31st.  The hollow and haunting voice accompanied only by a piano was bound to clench me.  I've always loved that sound.

And one thing I particularly love about this version?  Imogen's magnificent improvisation with the word "thriller" as the song progresses... Thrill her.  Spill her.  Just wow.  Gotta catch my breath now.


No comments:

Post a Comment