Saturday, June 12, 2010

That Perfect Sub



There aren't many sub sandwich shops that are really worth stopping to eat in. I mean, Subway and Quizno's are okay. So is Potbelly. Other chain sandwich places are ok, too. They're fine to pick up on a road trip or something or a quick bite when you need something easy and close. But they're not destinations. Dino's in Arlington, TX is a destination sandwich shop. My husband grew up in Arlington and LOVES the sandwiches there. I'm officially awarding them the title of That Perfect Sub. And they come "Dino's dressed" with the shop's proprietary mix of herbs, oil, parmesan, and not sure what else is in there, but, man it's good. Hubby's sandwich also always includes a marinated pepper tapenade of sorts, which I prefer to skip on, but, if you're into that sort of thing, it's very well done here. The sandwiches are dressed just right, and even the lettuce is cut perfectly in little shreds. All the meat and cheeses are cut fresh on site when you order, and the bread is also fresh. The attached photo is of us cheersing our sandwiches there on his birthday... it's what he wanted, and I can't blame him. I get the #10. Yum. Don't believe me? Here's some other reviews: http://www.yelp.com/biz/dinos-subs-no-2-arlington

No comments:

Post a Comment