Wednesday, May 5, 2010

That Perfect Soap


My best friend once pointed out to me how brand-loyal I am... how much I love to share what I have with others... and how much I love to rave about something I think is worth raving about. This blog is going to do just that. I'm going to post, whenever the mood strikes me, about "that perfect [fill in the blank]." Let's begin with soap.

Just before I stepped into the shower last night, I opened a fresh bar of my favorite soap. It is perfect soap. It is mild and soft enough to use on your face, but it is also hearty enough to use anywhere else. Now, it doesn't have the grease-fighting action of Dawn (I'm not recommending this soap to clean paintbrushes or birds covered in oil in the Gulf, though Dawn could handle either of those tasks quite nicely), but this post is dedicated to that perfect body soap. You can't buy it in a grocery store, which is a good thing as far as I am concerned. (As an aside, I would certainly not recommend buying very many bath and body products at the same store where you can buy chicken, for instance... except maybe toothpaste or deodorant.) If you live in a small town (like the one I hail from originally), you will probably have to order it off of Amazon. If you're lucky enough to live in a big city like I currently do, you can hop on over to your local L'Occitane shop (or Sephora) to buy it for yourself. (I think the first L'Occitane shops I ever encountered were in Europe, which somehow tends to heighten my opinion of this particular soap, at least in some worldy sense. I've seen more Body Shops in Europe than in America, mainly in train stations, and somehow the products there are more appealing when overseas, as well. Funny that.) Back to the soap at hand.... That perfect soap is (drumroll please): L'Occitane Shea Butter Extra Gentle Milk Soap. The bar smells sweetly clean and has a soft quality. Think milk + soap, in fact. Man, this is some lovely stuff. A giant bar of the stuff is $10.00, which may seem steep for soap (if you are used to tossing soap in your cart next to your dinner), or it may seem like a steal if you're accustomed to purchasing your soap at Nieman's or some other department store. It doesn't matter who you are, this soap rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment