Thursday, May 20, 2010

That Perfect Yogurt

I eat yogurt for breakfast almost every day. That is just how much I love it. But the disturbing thing about yogurt is that most of the yogurts at your ordinary every day grocery store are made of all sorts of things that should not be in yogurt... things that practically transform it from being yogurt into something else. Don't get me started on other dairy products at the store either... I used to use fat free half and half for my morning coffee, but when I read that label, wow. I threw out the quart I had and replaced it with the real stuff. (I used to buy flavored coffee to grind at home but don't do that anymore either since I learned they use propylene glycol as a binding agent in a bunch of them... we only grind plain coffee beans now.) But back to yogurt... Just stop and read the ingredients in yogurt sometime, and you'll see what I am talking about. You'll find all sorts of modified this and that, high fructose corn syrup, fake sweeteners, and loads of things that should not go into a body. In That Perfect Yogurt, the makers aren't trying to fill up yogurt eaters with useless sugary corn or chemical sweeteners. Instead, it's just the loveliest yogurt. Mmmmm. And the kicker? Eating the real stuff is more satisfying, so you eat less. Go figure -- not hungry anymore after eating real food. That's a novel idea for this generation. Ever wonder why you feel yucky but oddly not full after eating fast food? It's because they've sucked out all of the nutritional value from it and given you a shell of a meal loaded with fat and fat and fat and some salt. Same thing with yogurt... a low fat major brand of yogurt always left me unsatisfied, but I eat That Perfect Yogurt in the morning, and I am good for three hours before it's time for lunch. Try it for yourself, and you'll see. Brown Cow: That Perfect Yogurt.

2 comments: